2.07.2008

Lent

Yesterday was the first day of Lent.  Over the past few years I have really started to try to make this period a focused time of reflection and prayer.  I make a point to fast from certain staples of my life (food or otherwise) and I just try to slow down and think.  I think about all manners of things, whether it be my blessings or my areas of opportunity or what God is doing in my life.  I should really be doing this all the time, but I don't do it as often as I should.
 
I attended the Ash Wednesday service at my church last night, and for the first time ever, they administered the "imposition of ashes."  That was a pretty big step for a church like mine (IMHO) and I'm glad they did it.  In addition, they will be publishing daily Lenten meditations on the church website.  If you're interested, you can find them here.
 
I hope that you will choose to use this period to reflect on and pray for the important things in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home