8.05.2009

Today I feel a weight

The weight I feel is the weight of those without hope.

Last night, a man walked into a gym in suburban Pittsburgh and opened fire on a room full of women. This man was hope-less. He had a website and kept some sort of a journal. In an entry dated 01/05/09 he wrote:
Life is just playing games. One or two dates with her, then the end. No matter how many changes I try to make, things stay the same. Every evening I am alone, and then go to bed alone. Young women were brutal when I was younger, now they aren't as much, probably because they just see me just as another old man.
I see twenty something couples everywhere. I see a twenty something guy with a nice twentyish young women. I think those years slipped right by for me. Why should I continue another 20+ years alone? I will just work, come home, eat, maybe do something, then go to bed (alone) for the next day of the same thing. This is the Auschwitz Syndrome, to be in serious pain so long one thinks it is normal. I cannot wait for tomorrow!
It saddens to me to see the despair that people have in their lives. This fellow is many years older then I am, but I can somewhat relate to his frustration of being single. The difference, I know, is the hope that I have in Christ. I know that God has a plan for my life and I am trusting Him. There have been a few rough patches here and there, but my hope remains strong. Because I know on what my hope is built.

Make a difference in someone's life today. Offer a kind word or a smile. Or both!

Be love.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

On 5.8.09, Blogger matt declared...

You rock! Thanks for praying for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home