9.19.2004

Get to the Point

This weekend my peeps and I went out to scenic Sandusky, Ohio. Sandusky, if you don't know, is home to the Cedar Point amusement park. Cedar Point likes to bill itself as the world's best theme park. They could be close.

Cedar Point's big claim to fame is the fact that they have sixteen roller coasters. However, they count their childrens roller coasters, and psuedo-coasters (like the wild mouse type ride) in that number. Coasters are their bread and butter. Sure they have a ferris wheel, a log flume ride and the other standard theme park staples. But their claim to fame is roller coasters. In my day there, I got to ride four coasters, along with the Space Spiral and the Power Tower. I'll start with what I think is the best ride in the park. Millenium Force is the ride's name. It may very well be the best coaster in the United States. It's a steel coaster with a 310 foot lift hill and it gets up to speeds of about 90 mph. Very cool and very fast. I also rode Mean Streak, which as the name suggested, beat me up real good. That ride pretty much ruined my day. I expect woodys (wooden coasters) to be a little loose, but this ride was crazy rough. So I didn't much care for it. I also rode a stand-up coaster known as Mantis, and I managed to put myself on Raptor, which for you HersheyPark fans, is like a coked-up Great Bear. I hated the first, and the second was okay.

The park was nice. They do things a little different as far as ride operations go, but all the employees seemed pretty nice and the park was pretty cool. Of other note, I cooked breakfast on the trip and I had a nice burger at Perkins.

I'm starting a new feature. This will be my first rating for a trip. You're aware of my movie ratings, well, now we have trip ratings. I'm going to rate trips on a 20 point scale. I know that's a large scale, but there's a lot more factors involved. So, that being said, I'm rating this trip a 15. And if it were'nt for the people I went with, this trip would have been below a ten. Your company can make all the difference in the world when your trip goes crappy.

So there ya go. That's where I went this weekend. I'll go again, but not anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home