3.23.2005

Lenten Thoughts

I've been thinking. As much as I tried to make the most of the Lenten season this year, I fell dreadfully short. I could have done so much more, but I didn't. But I'm trying to make up some ground here this week.

I've been thinking about forgiveness. I've been thinking about how I'm a crappy sinner. Scum of the earth, if you will. Yet God, the creator of the freakin' universe loves me. And he loved me so much, that he sent his Son, to die, so that I might live. And how do I thank him? Too often, I sin. Again, and again, and again. I'm human, and as such, I'm prone to stumbling.

But my God is faithful. Faithful to forgive. Faithful to forget. And He's merciful. I deserve hell. But He has given me hope. And a way out.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God. And renew a right spirit within me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home