3.15.2005

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I lied tonight. Consciously. So I've been getting some estimates to get my hood repaired from my last Target experience. I got an estimate from the guys who fixed my car last month, and I was looking for something a bit cheaper. So I went to Maaco. Real nice guy. Wrote up an estimate for me which was half of what the other guys wanted. As I was on my way out, he asked me if I had had any other estimates. I said no. I walked out and audibly spoke the word "stupid." He must have seen the business card I had in my folder from the other shop. I'm such a dork. I felt so bad that I felt like turning around and going back in and apologizing. But I didn't. But when I got home, I called the guy and apolgized over the phone. He was very gracious, and as you can guess, very suprised that I had called. But I can't tell you how much better I felt after I had spoken with him. But I still felt like a dork. So there's my lying anecdote for 2005. And it officially qualifies as the worst moment in the past two weeks.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to enter my NCAA basketball pool. For some reason, ESPN is not recognizing or remembering the bracket I made yesterday. I'm working on it..

So I got an idea for a really cool business. What about if I opened a chocolate shop? Not a shop where I sell my own chocolate, but a shop where I sell lots of different types of chocolate. Not just American stuff, but Italian, German, Swiss and any other chocolate I can find. Good idea, eh? I think it's time to bring back the classic candy shop. Pardon the pun, but that would be SWEET!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home