3.25.2005

What happens then?

So I had this thought this evening as I was reading about the latest in the Terri Shialvo story. And this was the thought: what is God going to accomplish/accomplishing through this situation? Here's what made me think. I was watching the news and they showed some protestors down in Florida. Well, in most situations like this, they don't necessarily cut to the audio track. It's mostly just voice-overs by news staff. Well they cut in to this lady and this is what she said: "hear our prayers." She was praying with her hands clasped and tears in her eyes.

And I was like, well I'm pretty sure he is hearing your prayers, but is what you are praying for, God's will? Or your desires? I have no doubt that there are a ton of folks who desire to see Terri's feeding tube reattached. And lots of them are probably Christians. But, are they praying that God's will be done?

It's so easy to pray for success and quick solutions. And while I think it's okay to pray for a specific result, I think you should also be open to, and even praying for God's will. Even under the knowledge that you may not get what you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home