5.10.2005

Feelin' the love

I'd like to take a moment to highlight a ministy at West Shore (my church), that doesn't get much attention, but should. Every Monday night, a team of volunteers calls people listed in the church directory. All they ask for, is if there is something they can pray for. They act as a compassionate ear and are more than willing to listen to any and all requests that you might have. Then they take all the requests they have received, and they pray for them. And then they pass them on to other folks who pray for them as well. It was Linda that called me last night. We talked briefly and I gave her a prayer request. She gave me a bit of encouragment and told me again that they would pray for me. That is cool. So here's to you, West-Shore-Monday-Night-Call-and-take-Prayer-Requests-people. You rock!

Sometimes for fun, I like to read other blogs on a random basis. Last night I found a blog called PostSecrets (I think that's what it's called). The premise is that you anonymously write a secret on a postcard and mail it via snail mail to this address. Your postcard is photographed and posted on the website for all the world to see your secret. But no one knows it's yours, except for you. I deliberately did not post a link to the site because some people's secrets are rather obscene and disturbing. One of the things I concluded based on what I saw, was that there are a lot of hurting people in our world. People who have no hope, who are bitter, and who are filled with hate. There were some positive postsecrets, but most of them were not. It made me sad. When will people see that we need Jesus?

Finally, here's your link to the latest celebrity wedding. Apparently 4.5 months is long enough to know. It's the first marriage for both.

1 Comments:

On 11.5.05, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

Hey, apparently I owe you an apology. You are not the "steve" that I thought you were. So, I actually don't know you, sorry. Nice blog though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home