5.04.2005

Quatro de Mayo

If anybody is in Pittsburgh this weekend, do this. You get to be a victim AND you get free Pirates tickets!

In other news, the Loews Cineplex theater chain has announced that they will start advertising the actual start time of the movie. Not what time the commercials start, but what time the movie starts. All because somebody claimed deceptive advertising. Read more.

Note to potential Macaroni Grill visitors: make a reservation. My parents are going there for dinner Friday night. They called last night and the got the LAST reservation for a 5:00 seating. So ya'd be advised to call a couple of days ahead of time. Otherwise you might be stuck. People like the Macaroni Grill.

Forgive me if I've posted the following already (I can't recall everything that I post). I've come to a decision about my career. It's not about me. I had great plans about how much money I would be making now and that in other two or three years I would be working in human resources for the Walt Disney Company. Then in the past few months, I've figured out that it's not about me. It's about God. Now, I've known this for some time, but for some reason it didn't sink in much. Maybe I thought that my career was one piece that I could hold onto for myself. It's not. Human resources may not play a role in my future employment. I understand that. So right now I'm open to whatever may come my way, be it HR related, or something other. But I know this. God knows the desires of my heart. He knows where I will thrive, and he knows what I like to do. And I believe that as long as my heart's right, that he will honor those desires. (This also applies to other areas of my life as well)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home