4.27.2005

High and Inside

Last night I went over to work at the new church (I would link it, but the link hasn't been working for the past few months). Good times. I like workin' on the "inside" and doing behind-the-scenes type work. So this stuff was right up my alley. People who meet in classrooms in a little over two weeks will have no idea of all the crap that was in the classrooms, and where it all went. People in the kitchen will have no idea where the shelving came from. Someone who has an office will wonder where this new piece of their desk came from. But I'll know.

If you look to your right, you will see a picture of a zebra. This is one of two zebras painted on the wall in one of the men's bathrooms. There is also some artwork in the ladies bathroom. Giraffes. But I have no pictures of the giraffes (sorry giraffe lovers). Perhaps Friday I'll post a picture of the cool clocks that the children's rooms contain.

I left the church last night with a good feeling. Like I had gotten stuff done. That I had been helpful. That I had made a contribution to the building. Now I've been making "contributions" for the past two years, but this was different. What is it about volunteer work that makes ya feel good? Sometimes it's the free food, but I didn't have any of that last night. I wonder if there is some sort of "do-gooder" part of your brain that releases some endorphins or something when you've done good things.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a metal or wooden desks, the church is giving away a few items. Just come to the new church and look at the wall opposite the lower awesome adventure entrance.

In other news, I've applied for four jobs in the past week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home