4.21.2005

Oh please no.

First up in the news, is the "engagement" of Jennifer Garner to one Mr. Ben Affleck. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it Bennifer Part Deux. I like to think that Hollywood relationships will succeed. I really do. But then the "Hollywood Factor" kicks in. If Brad and Jen, Angelina and Billy Bob, Nicole and Tom, and John and Rebecca Romijn couldn't make it, what assurances do we have that they will? Jennifer already has been married once, and Benny-boy certainly tried his darndest to marry that J.Lo girl. So why do they even try?

Because everyone wants to be loved. Even movie stars. And while the adulation of their adoring fans is nice I'm sure, they still want something more. They seek intimacy. And they look for it the only place they know to look. Among themselves. Now as I'm writing this, I'm seeing this come off as pretty harsh. And it probably is. I wish I could talk to these people and find out what's going in that head of theirs. I just don't think that lots of these Hollywood types have their heads on straight.

I want to be loved. I want to get married. But my yearning for companionship does not lead me to romance my co-worker. Sure, I probably could, but then I could be settling. And I'm not settling for anything less than the lady that God intends for me to marry. I had a conversation with some friends earlier this week and I commented on the fact that I had developed a set of qualities that my wife would have. I also told them that I had no doubt that God could provide me with a girl of that caliber. While they were suprised at the number of qualities on the list, they were encouraging in telling me that it was good to have an idea of what you were looking for and not just settling for whatever came along (i.e. Desperate Houseman).
But enough about love. = )

Lebron James will be watching the NBA playoffs from home. Ha! Mista Superstar couldn't quite carry the team all the way into the playoffs. Almost, but ninth place doesn't quite cut it. I have a certain amount of satisfaction with the Cavs not making it into the playoffs. Lebron should have gone to school. Akron would have been a powerhouse. If I was David Stern (thankfully I'm not), kids would have to have at least three years of college experience to enter the NBA Draft. Maybe in my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home