4.19.2005

What's in a name?

I was suprised to find that when a new pope was elected, he got to choose his own name. Cardinal Ratzinger chose Benedict XVI. I did some research, and the last pope who used the name Benedict, was elected during World War I. Here's a link to some background on the name game, and here is some rather comprehensive info on Pope Benedict XV works, and here's some info on him as a person.

I was thinking about something else today. If I'm out eating with Christian friends, I don't think anything of praying with my friends before we eat. But I don't pray when I'm with my non-Christian friends. And I'm working through why I don't. Am I embarassed? I think a little bit. And then another part of me doesn't want them to feel uncomfortable. But then I think, well are they thinking about my comfort when they curse? I don't think so. So anyways, I need to be better about that. I was out to lunch today with two lady friends, one a Christian and one not. And I should've prayed, but I didn't. But I'm resolving to pray the next time we get together, and possibly ask if I can pray aloud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home