4.09.2005

Thai one on....

I had Thai food this evening for the very first thime. I chose the Bangkok House for this wonderful extravaganza. The "House" was chosen based upon input from other eaters of Thai food.

We started with an appetizer of egg rolls. I've never been a big fan of egg rolls and these didn't win me over. I've only had egg rolls one other time and they seemed to be much bigger. Not better, just bigger. Maybe they had some meat in them or something. Or maybe just a ton more cabbage. Eh, I'm just not a egg roll kinda guy.

On to the main course, Chicken Masama. I liked this dish. I ordered it "medium" on the "mild, medium, hot" scale. It was chicken, potatoes (two pieces of potato), carrots, onions, and some blocks of mysterious stuff, which I never figured out what it was. Oh, and there was some red curry in it. The sauce was good, but it was rather warm. Warm enough to make my nose run....several times.

So the question remains, would I return? Probably not. It was good to try it out, but it's not something I could eat on a regular basis. I have to admit that more than anything else, I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. Some people may describe me as "Plain Jane," and that's okay. I'm a no-frills kinda guy. So I probably won't return to the Bangkok House. Unless you're payin'. Cuz my favorite word is free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home