4.04.2005

Almost the end of the book

So I have almost finished reading this book called "A Heart Like His." Your quick recap on this title is that it's written by Beth Moore (ladies, she's coming to Hershey in June and it would be worth your time to see her) and it's about the life of David. I could wait till I actually get to the end of the book, but I'm only two short chapters away, and it's on my mind now, so I'm telling you now.

This is a great book. What the author does, is really just go through David's life, chapter by chapter. From Samuel being told to go find Jesse, to Solomon taking the throne. I've really found it rather informative and captivating. The author really paints you a clear picture of where David is and of the events surrounding David's reign as king. And here's what I got out of it.

David was a great man of God. But David was human, and by default, a sinner. David did great things for the Kingdom of God. But his sin caused great pain to himself, and to those around him. But in spite of his sin, God used David to accomplish great things. And David worshipped God. And all this gives me hope, that despite the broken, beat-up, prone-to-stumbling people that we are, God can and does still use us. We're imperfect vehicles for the salvation and the work of a perfect God. But he chose us, because he knew he could use us. And when I stumble in sin, God is there to forgive me and he still has a plan for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home