4.23.2005

In Good Company

Last night I finally got around to seeing In Good Company. I liked it. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, and it was easily worth the price of admission. Which was free. It's been a little while since I've seen Dennis Quaid in anything. But he can still act. Topher Grace played a believable young executive trying to please his boss Teddy K. and increase ad sales and revenue. And Scarlett Johansson played Dennis Quaid's daughter, and part love-interest of Topher Grace. It was a good movie, partly because it didn't follow convention, with the boy getting the girl in the end. It also did a great job of highlighting the monopolization of large worldwide companies, and the effect that it has not only on the companies it buys, but on the competitors that it battles for market position with. I'm giving this movie an 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home