8.23.2006

I had some good steak

On Saturday, my mum and I drove from Des Moines to Kansas City to catch a flight back east. I'm here to tell you that I really like Kansas City. And obviously, the best way to check out a new city is on a full stomach. So we stopped at Sonic to put some food in our stomachs. I was happy to be able to introduce my mum and my brother-in-law to Sonic. Then we headed down to the International House of Prayer, or IHOP. Some of you may have heard of IHOP. If not, it's a center of 24-7 prayer which has grown to include a school of ministry, a reacord label, a business consulting firm, a bookstore, cafe and a realtor. It was a pretty cool place. I was expecting a solemn type of place with lots of older folks. What I found was a very vibrant, youthful place of ministry. Lots of folks praying, worshiping, studying and socializing.

After IHOP, we headed back north. If you're a sports fan, I got to see Kauffman (Royals) and Arrowhead (Chiefs) stadiums up close. Then we went to get some dinner. We hit up a shopping complex called the Zona Rosa. It's an open-air type of shopping center with a bunch of different stores (there are some photos in the flickr link below). We had lunch at the Hereford House. One of those classy places with leather menu covers. It was the best steak I ever had, accompanied by a caesar salad and a baked potato.

Then we headed to the airport and headed home. I did take some more cloud photos on the way back, but I decided not to post them. Next time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home