8.13.2006

Complicated

It seems as if I learn every week, and sometimes more frequently, that I'm not always an effective communicator.

This weekend, I had some information to relay to a person that should have been cut and dry. And I thought it was. But I left some things open-ended. And now a simple piece of what was supposed to be good news, has now turned into a complicated mess. And worse, the good news has been eclipsed by the mess. So even if things turn out how I intended, there will still be an asterisk attached.

But I'm learning. Learning to be more direct and more complete. Learning to ask people to clarify statements if I don't understand them completely (which sometimes I feel a dork doing, because people don't understand why I didn't get it the first time).

If this all sounds familiar, I may have posted about my mad communications skills in the past. Thankfully, I'm still a work in progress And the best is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home