8.15.2007

Favorites: Dining Establishments

These are in no particular order...
 
1.  Red Robin.  Love the "Big Robin."  It's my kind of food.  By that, burgers.  I always enjoy the Whiskey River BBQ Burger (pink please!) on the wheat bun with some extra BBQ sauce on the side for some fry-dippin.  If you're a potato-lover, the bottomless fries are a nice benefit (just don't let them get cold).  And it's a nice atmosphere.  While it's a family place, like Friendly's, it's different.  Because of the dining room setup at RR, you don't hear the kids on the other side of the room like you would at Friendly's.
 
2.  The Pizza Grille.  They have two locations, one in Lemoyne and one in Camp Hill.  I've been to both and they're about the same food-wise, but the service is a bit better at the Lemoyne location.  They rate high in my book for two reasons.  One, they offer a whole wheat crust, and two, I can get a personal cheese pizza for $3.90 which is easily the best pizza deal in town.
 
3.  Moe's Southwest Grill.  Moe's is relatively new to the area, but they also have two locations in Harrisburg.  I describe them as a "tex-mex Subway."  By that, I mean that you pick what you want (burrito, taco, quesedilla, salad, fajitas) and then you can go down the line and pick and choose what ingredients you want in your burrito (or whatever item you've chosen).  I like being able to do that.  And the burritos are pretty filling. They also offer tortilla chips and a little salsa bar.  And the chips are basically all-you-can-eat.  And while they do have sweet tea, it's fairly inconsistent on the taste side of things, so you never know how it's going to taste.
 
4.  Damon's.  Damon's often gets a bad rap, but I like it.  They do a pretty good chicken caesar salad.  And I play their NFL game so I get half-price appetizer coupons which I like to use on their wings.  Which are good.  They also show sports in the "clubhouse" on big-screen tv's.  They also do a pretty good burger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home