9.20.2007

Crepe Scott!

Last night was my great crepe experiment. I got home from work and made the batter. It's supposed to set for at least 30 minutes, so that gave time to run over to the gym and work out while it set. I got home and fired up the stove and set to work.

I heated up the pan and dropped in some batter. I swirled it around and after a few minutes, it looked like this.
Notice anything out of place? Couple of things. One, if it appears that one side is thicker than the other, it's true. The burner was sloped, which made things a little more fun. When I managed to flip the crepe (and burn the fingers), I was disappointed to see my crepe looked more like a pancake. boo.
A second try yielded about the same, but the third looked much more crepe-like in appearance (but not consistency).
The fourth looked like the second and the consistency hadn't improved. And so I turned the burner off.

I was disappointed with the pancake-consistency of my crepes. The problem may have been self-rising flour. The flour was not labeled, so I knew not of the type of flour that I was using (bad call on my part). So I'm not sure if I can get around that, but I have a lot of batter left, so I made try some different stuff to see if I can thin it out and make it more crepe-like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home