8.11.2008

One of those frustrating moments

Today after work, I headed to the gym. After the gym, I headed up to
the "gourmet" grocery store. I had wanted to pick up some turkey from
the deli for a few lunches this week. They happen to make a very good
turkey called Just Turkey. It's like Thanksgiving. It's that good.
So I got to the deli counter and saw a small crowd. They were serving
#59 and I pulled #65 from the Magical Deli Dispenser of Order. There
were two girls filling orders and it was close to ten minutes before
they called my number. "A half-pound of Just Turkey please. Sliced
medium." She filled my order and handed me a bag of Just
Turkey.....that was .62 pounds. That was 20% more than what I had
requested. I had thought about saying something to the girl, but
decided against it. I should have been more vigilant (sp?) and
reinterated the amount I was asking for. But I didn't.

And I spent the ride home complaining about they way other people were
driving and about how the deli girl wasn't good with numbers. And I
realized what I was doing and that I was complaining. And I said a
quiet prayer, asking forgiveness for my attitude.

It's terrible how if you let something (like a thought) sit unattended
in your mind, it grows exponentialy and becomes detrimental to your
spiritual welfare. Ya always have to be on-guard.

In other news, it's so much more enjoyable watching the Olympics on
the internet than on the TV. There is absolutely no play-by-play to
mar your enjoyment of the games (unless you enjoy that kind of thing).
I'm currently watching Argentina vs. Great Britain in women's field
hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home