1.18.2009

So many thoughts....

It's been a few days and I've had some things come to mind that I've been wanting to right about. However, I don't expect to address all of them here.

Today was Sanctity of Life Sunday (I think that's the "technical" name). For those of you who may not be Christ-followers, it's a day where the Church celebrates the Sanctity of Human Life. We reinterate the facts that life begins at conception and that every life is valued by God.

Pastor Phil this morning spoke on Psalm 139 and mentioned the verses which say that He knit us in our mother's wombs (vs. 13), and how He saw our unformed bodies (vs. 16). As I was thinking about that, my mind wandered to the historical significance of this week. How the President-Elect is not certain when life begins. And the uncertainty that trickles down from there.

You see, I have a theory. And I haven't defined it completely, but it has to do with the role that your view on human life defines the rest of your actions. If you don't view life as sacred, you won't treat people like they're sacred. I think my theory still needs a lot of refining, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from.

Lots of people like to talk about how the incoming administration will reverse some of the progress that has made in efforts over the past eight years to curtail abortions. And that may be true, but I'm more concerned about what this mindset means for other aspects of life.

Please keep on praying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home