10.10.2010

More on Catalyst

As my friend Annie has succinctly stated, it has been a while since I've posted. And I have to admit, I'm still somewhat undecided as to whether I want to continue this thing, or start a new thing. I've been musing about the possibility of doing a podcast, because I can talk on a podcast while doing other things. Not that that is going to make for a great podcast, but it seems like it's easier to talk than it is to write. So we'll see about that.

But I wanted to talk about this conference and what I got out of it. There was lots of great insight shared by various speakers and I found a suprisingly large amount applicable to me as a business leader. Here are a few of the notes I made:
Three things about appetites (courtesy of Andy Stanley):
1. God created appetite and sin distorted it.
2. Appetites are never fully or finally satisfied.
3. Appetites always whisper now, never later.

Christine Caine talked about the danger the Church faces when they stop being the Church and start doing Church.

Beth Moore talked about how our culture preys on insecurity. We live in a world that instantly scrutinizes everything.

I can't quite articulate what Francis Chan said, but it was along the lines of paying more attention to Scripture as it relates to how we should be living our lives. Trends come and go, but His Word remains true.

Perry Noble asked the question: "Why do we run from situations that God reigns over?"
This is just a fraction of what was shared at the conference. And I don't know that I've articulated well what was actually said. Suffice to say, there was so much meat being served up, it was like a Brazilian steakhouse. Good stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home