9.30.2004

I'm reading a book!

Oh, it's true...I'm reading again. Went to the church library on Sunday and checked out "Love Beyond Reason" by John Ortberg. Now I have to tell you that I've grown quite fond of Mr. Ortbergs writing. We did three of his books in small group and I loved them all. He has a great way of conveying points through word pictures and life experiences.

So anyway, the title of the book describes God love for His children, and the content of the book is basically a primer for us to reflect that love in the same reckless manner to people in our lives. What's that you say? Jesus' love? Reckless? From Zaccheus up in the Sycamore tree, to the prostitute washing His feet with her hair, Jesus practiced reckless love. He didn't let society's rules limit his love. He talked with prostitutes, and He did miracles on the Sabbath. So I think that the point of this book is going to be, how can we love others recklessly?
I'll keep you posted as I read.

My nose is sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home