11.15.2004

Free is good

I stopped at Weis last night on my way home from doing laundry. You see, I had some dip at home, but no chips for the dips. So I had to get some chips because I had a hankerin' for said chips and dips. Found the chips and said to myself, "I now have an urge to buy some granola bars for the week." So I go over to the granola section and check it out. Whaa Laa! Quaker Chewy Granola Bars, three for $5.00. That is a good deal. But I didn't need three, so I got one, which I figured would be approx. $1.75 or so. Horror of horrors, at the checkout line, the bars ring up at $2.49. Egads! I don't pay that much for granola bars. So I summoned (sp?) assistance from a Weis worker who voided the bars from my order. So I asked her if she wanted me to just leave the bars there or put them back on the shelf. And she said I could have them....for FREE!! I was psyched. I told her thank you and literally skipped out of the store I was so happy.

The moral of this story? Little things make me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home