11.30.2004

Goodbye November

I found some tickets online for the Redskins/49ers game on the 18th in San Fran. Only $33.00 a ticket, and we fly to San Fran. So I go over to the 49ers website, only to discover that parking is $25.00. Wow, that must be some kinda asphalt. I'm not going to San Francisco. Besides, there could be an earthquake.

Messiah College alumni in human resources are having a dessert reception on Thursday evening at 7:00pm. What was extra special about this was that Tara Carter is hosting it. What's so special about Tara Carter? She works for Hershey, so the reception is going to be IN CHOCOLATE WORLD! I bet they will have all sorts of good sugary treats there. Alas, I will not be attending. I was going to cuz Powerhouse doesn't start till 8:30pm....

Did you know current tollbooth operators on the PA Turnpike currently make about $18.00 an hour? But that's not enough for them. Apparently standing in a booth taking people's money is a highly specialized profession which they feel deserves higher compensation. I made a sign for the tollbooth workers and put in in the window of my car. Unfortunately, I think the font was too small for them to read the whole sign. So when I drive by said strikers tonight, I will literally drop my note off in front of them (provided they have not reached an agreement by 4:30 today). Oh yea, I'm crazy like that....especially when I make a bit less than what they make AND I have to pay for insurance.

Kudos to the Messiah men's basketball team who has opened the season 4-0 for the first time in a vvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy llllllloooooonnnnnngggggggg time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home