12.01.2004

Knock, knock. Who's there? December.

Apparently Wal-Mart didn't do as well as it hoped over the holiday weekend. But that's good news to the rest of us.

I can't believe that Notre Dame University fired Ty Willingham. He has done wonders for the football program and has pulled it out of the muck that it had been in since Lou Holtz left. While the past two seasons have been rough, he was still over .500 for the three years that he has been there. Everybody makes a big deal about the losses to USC, but they have been top three the past two years. That's not a crime to lose to one of the best, if not THE best team in college football. Anywho, it was wrong and when Willingham goes somewhere else, he will do well. I think that with a few more years of experience, he will definitely be NFL material.

Finally, a fun email that I got from ABC27. I wrote:
----- Your Feedback Sent On Monday 11/29/04 at 5:57P -----

Hello! I was wondering if someone could tell me why your floating time/temperature logo showed 46 degrees during the five o'clock newcast and Chuck Rhoades stated on his weather map that the current Harrisburg temp was actually 40 degrees. Which temperature is correct? And as a follow-up, why don't they match?

Thanks!


and here's the response from the station:
From: whtm27@aol.com
To: s.monserrate@att.net
Subject: Response To Your Feedback To whtm
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:14:39 +0000

Dear Stephen,

You've brought up a great point, one that has been an irritant to me since we started doing the time and temperature. To this day, I don't know where that temperature comes from. I'm told it's the airport temperature that is displayed but I've noticed the same discrepancy you saw. Perhaps if you directed your observation to our news department, we might get an answer. I've tried but sorry, I don't have an explanation.

Regards,

Mick O'Hearn



Mick O' Hearn people!! My third favorite weather forecaster!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home