3.16.2005

Ahoy, matey. Watch out! I be thinking.

Okay, so I've been thinking about something. And the something is this. How much should I be willing to sacrifice for my non-Christian friends? Maybe a better way to ask it, is how much should I invest in my non-Christian friends?

As I've been thinking through it, I can't think of a limit. I have some non-Christian friends (heretofore referred to as NCF's, because I'm a slacker) who I've already invested in. The money it takes to share a meal together, or mini-golf, or a movie or whatever. It's all money that I've spent because I think they are worth it. I was even privileged enough to join an NCF on their first airplane flight EVER! And I've been wondering if I'm doing enough to reach out to them.

Now I'm not saying that throwing money at them is the answer, because it's not. However, my concern is that I (and we) do not commit enough resources to our NCF's. When was the last time you interacted with an NCF outside of work? I can honestly tell you that for me, it's been at least a month, if not longer. And I don't think I have any excuse. Now don't get me wrong, I am daily committed to praying for my NCF's, but I do enjoy the personal interactions as well.

All this to say what? Consider doubling whatever resources you currently expend on NCF's. Even if it's just time, that's great. Time is more valuable in many situations than money. We can't put a price on someone's salvation. So if I have to drag someone to Germany so that they can see God's love, so be it. I would hope that they could see the same love state-side, but sometimes it take a little more. And we have to be willing to step up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home