8.03.2005

With Arms Wide Open

I was in the First Wednesday prayer service tonight at church. I was blessed to hear Dr. Musser speak. I rarely attend the church-wide prayer, mostly because I’m more a fan of personal prayer than corporate prayer. But I digress.

Dr. Musser was talking about a Willow Creek conference he was at that Bill Hybels spoke at. He told attendees about the first thing he did every morning before he did anything else. He got on his knees and asked God to give him an opportunity to share his faith that day. He prays this every day. That’s amazing. Sometimes it seems like sharing my faith is the last thing on my mind. It shouldn’t be, but it is. Something else for me to work on…

I wanted to share some lyrics to a song that was sung this past Sunday in church. It’s the second time I heard it and I think it’s a great song.

Surrender

You see me Lord, and all of my pain
You know my heart, my every refrain.
I need Your touch
I need Your love.

Lord, guard my heart and hold my hand
As I surrender to Your perfect plan.
Surround me Lord,
And fill my soul.

Help me give my all to You.
And help me to be all that you want me to be.
And may I live just for you
In perfect humility
Surrendering all of me

-Faith Minnich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home