9.23.2005

I can be an observant fellow. Sometimes

Things I noticed last night at powerhouse:

-While singing the hymn "Be Thou My Vision," these two lines struck me hard:
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Riches and praise are both things that I seek out. But God is my inheritance. The riches will get spent and the praises will be forgotten. And God will still be there. And that excites me.

-While singing "In Christ Alone," as soon as we had finished the first verse I immediately could not wait to get to this verse:
There in the ground, His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth, in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am in His, and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
This too gets me excited. I like to sing loudly, bordering on yelling, the last four lines. Good good stuff.

-Finally, women who worship God, are hot. I'm all about the Proverbs 31 lady.

1 Comments:

On 24.9.05, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

Yeah Baby! Those are two of my favorites, even if they don't meet proteinstar's requirements for theological discourse and pre-1500 authorship. Good post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home