9.20.2005

Yearning

So on Sunday, I asked the question "What does your heart yearn for?" There is a song that goes around in Christian circles which includes the phrase "It is the cry of my heart to follow You." And that's what got me to thinking. And as I got to thinking, I started to see something interesting.

I thought my heart was yearning for challenging work, a wife, a well-paying job and for my friends and loved ones to be taken care of. But then I realized that it was my head that was yearning for all these things. None of the material things I yearn for have any bearing on satisfying my heart's desire. Material things are good for putting your mind at ease, but they do nothing for your heart. I want more of Jesus. I want to be holy. That is what my heart yearns for.

There's a connection between the heart and the head and beyond the spinal cord, I'm still not quite sure what it is. I think your heart has to drive your mind, so that your mind reflects your heart. But how does it do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home