9.09.2005

Shoes

So I was going to hold off on this entry for a while longer, but because it got a lot of attention in the past 24 hours from various parties, I put it on the fast track.

If you can correctly guess the number of pairs of shoes I own, you will win a prize. But you have to guess exactly. I will tell you that my collection includes sandals, dress shoes, casual shoes, athletic shoes and non-snow boots.

My favorite color for non-athletic shoes is brown. My favorite color for athletic shoes is white. Favorite secondary colors for athletic shoes are blue and grey.

My favorite type of shoe is the slip-on.

My favorite athletic shoe company is Adidas. My least favorite shoe company is Nike.

Favorite non-athletic shoe company is a toss-up between Nunn Bush and Bass.

I don’t like tassels on my shoes. Buckles are okay, provided they serve a purpose.

Ladies, when it comes to dress and casual shoes, I like it when your heel is covered. All of it. This means that I don’t like strappy shoes (especially slingbacks) and I don’t like those sandals or wedges or whatever you call those shoes where you have a heel and no back. I don’t have a problem with sandals, provided that they are flats. It is permissible for flat sandals to have no heel strap.

My favorite ladies shoe is the Mary Jane. My least favorite is the stiletto. Why you ladies feel like you have to balance on heels more than two inches high is beyond me.

And that's what I have to say about shoes. Join us next time when we talk about socks and hosiery!

3 Comments:

On 9.9.05, Blogger Ellie declared...

Ummm...speaking from the female perspective...why? Why do I have to have my heel covered? And may I ask why the Mary Jane is your favorite? Just curious. It's not an opinion that I have heard from a guy before.

I can't speak for all women, but most women like heels because it makes the leg look longer, more shapely. Are you basing your opinion on things you've actually seen people wear, or just from window shopping?

 
On 9.9.05, Blogger matt declared...

i like thongs

 
On 11.9.05, Blogger stephen declared...

Well, before I get started, I want to state that I wasn’t expecting to explain myself, but I will. And it may be a little winded.

Why the heel coverage? A couple of little reasons, but the big one may strike you are really odd. Modesty – it sounds rather odd to make one’s foot a point of modesty. However, I am a believer in less is more. The less skin a woman shows me, the more mysterious I find her (in a good way). You may recall that I am also a big fan of the one-piece bathing suit. Same reason. I would rather that women under-expose themselves, than over-expose themselves. Now don’t think that I believe that all women should go Amish, because that’s not what I’m saying. But I do think that women in general, show too much skin. There’s nothing wrong with keepin’ a fella in suspense (at least this one).

And because of all this, I think covered heels are classy

I like the Mary Jane because it’s old-school. It’s traditional and it’s simple. You don’t need the pointy toes or the high heels or sequins. It’s not flashy. It’s my kinda shoe. Don’t I come across as a Mary Jane kinda guy? And if not, what sort of guy do you see me as?

And the following is strictly based on observations. I don’t want to speak for you, but I don’t know that ladies wear heels because they’re the most comfortable shoes available. I think they wear it for show. Shapely, long legs are nice to look at. I can’t deny that. But it’s not something that I focus on. And I’m actually okay with short heels (see prior examples). I do realize that I am a man and I admit that my gender is responsible not only for lots of female fashion, but also for creating the stereotype of the ideal woman. I’m sorry for that. I also think that some women think that heels are a necessary evil, which I can understand. I believe it’s important for a woman to look good. But she shouldn’t feel like she has to wear heels to look good.

Aren't ya glad ya asked? = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home