9.02.2005

Pontification

I was thinking about how I would feel if a hurricane had roared through my neighborhood. First, I would have evacuated. I'm fairly certain that I could understand that human life was more important then my posessions. Now I actually say that with no sarcasm. If you've ever helped me move, you know I'm holding on to some stuff. Old yearbooks, notes that were passed in high school, baseball cards, etc.. I know I would be tempted to bring stuff with me. But I don't think that I would be tempted to stay behind because of my posessions. That's what homeowners insurance is for. So I would definitely get out. And I probably wouldn't wait until the last minute. If you know me, the fact that I would leave three or four days before landfall would probably not suprise you. After the hurricane tore through, I would be devastated. The damage not only to my posessions, but to that of my neighbors and community would be horrible. I don't know if I would want to rebuild. I might just want to move to Colorado...or Europe.

I gave some flowers to a girl yesterday. She said "you know I kill things, right?" Then I lied and said "yes." In reality, I didn't realize that she killed things. Though that's good to know for future reference..

The Never-Ending Bowl of Pasta is back at the Olive Garden. I'd like to try that five-cheese marinara as well as that creamy garlic. Who's with me?

Here's some Q&A from today's USA Today about the gas situation. Or lack thereof.

I'm giving serious thought to using public transportation to get to work. If gas continues on the up-and-up, I have to. I commute 24 miles to work each way. To fill my tank right now would cost me over $45.00. A monthly bus pass would cost me $50.00. So I'm thinking about it.

And I'm sorry about the lying that was mentioned in paragraph two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home