8.28.2005

Drop it like a mop

This one's going to be long AND random..

Chris Farley got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame over the weekend. Apparently, it's not really that hard to get one. It only costs $15,000 dollars. Read more.

Went to go get gas this afternoon and the lines were stacked at the pump. Why? Katrina.

Watching the VMA’s tonight. John Norris is wearing a sleeveless purple shirt. Yuck. Listening to these people talk is like Chinese water-torture. But I just can’t stop watching. I think I’m in trouble.

Here’s what I had to eat today (cuz I know you wanted to know):
Four pieces of pizza
Baked Oatmeal
Chicken Sandwich
Unsalted Peanuts

Ludacris has a Louis Vitton rainbow interior in his car. Kurt Loder is still workin’ it for MTV too.

Here’s a thought I had this morning. My apologies if I’ve already dropped this thought in your head. “When people think of a Christian, do they think of you? Or are you just a good person?” I thought Phil had a good word this morning and had some good stuff to share. I’m looking forward to hearing the ten commandments series. Also, after hearing Psalm 103 read this morning, I realized how much I enjoy hearing scripture read.

Random fact: BYU has one of the most comprehensive dance programs in the country.

Found out this weekend that the pastor that baptized me back in the day got divorced. His wife left him. That was sad to hear.

Had some ice cream from Maggie Moo’s yesterday. You should check ‘em out if you happen to be over near the The Shoppes at Susquehanna. They do the mix-in thing like Cold Stone, but they have more creative base flavors. I had double fudge ice cream with chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.

This just in, Mase is part of the G-unit (50 cent’s crew). Hmmmmm… And I don’t think that Diddy can dance. But Hammer still has the moves. Still can’t touch that. And my feelings for Kanye West have changed. Looking for a link to the interview I read in Complex.

Another thought for you to chew on. I’m watching Catholic TV right now and they’re doing a little thing on G.K. Chesterton. They were talking about the world and the Church’s role in the world. He said:
"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
The stream being the world, and the Church being that "thing," stating that the Church needed to stand against the current for what is true and right, not necessarily what’s popular. Words the Church today should really think about.

1 Comments:

On 29.8.05, Blogger matt declared...

Just as a clarification to your comment on Mase. He is actually just joining G-Unit records, not G-unit, 50 cent's crew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home