8.21.2005

$64.50

That's how much I left in New York City and surrounding suburbs on Saturday. Some friends and I made a little trip to Le Grande Apple. Twenty-six dollars of the aforementioned dollar amount went to a cruise around the island of Manhattan, courtesy of New York Waterway. If you're looking for a fun, semi-informative New York cruise, I'd recommend them. Of course, the only other boat I've ridden up in the city is the ferry between Liberty State Park and Lower Manhattan.

We also did our fair share of walking, from sixty-something down to 33rd, and from sixth west to the river. Sights seen included Lincoln Center, MOBIA, Central Park, Jekyll and Hyde, Rockerfeller Center, Duane Reade, Manhattan Mall, the Disney Store, Trump Tower, the stand that told me that "George Bush is an idiot," the shouting lady at Central Park, the phantom Pomme Frites stand, McDonald's, the Javitts Center, the Copacabana, and a TON of people.

And it all made me glad that I live nowhere near New York City. Sure it's a nice place to visit, but I would NOT want to live there. Not when I have to pay $11.95 for a Caesar Salad.

Hey, if you ever go on vacation somewhere, send me a postcard. I love getting postcards from people traveling about. I just got a postcard from a friend who was visiting family over in Poland. That was pretty cool. It's neat to see where people are and what they're doing.

1 Comments:

On 23.8.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

Sounds cheap to me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home