10.02.2005

One Week

My blog-fast is over. Many of you have inquired (and by many, I mean two) as to what and why a blog-fast. The goal of this fast was to not write, read or comment on, any blog entries. I have become quite fascinated with blogs over the past couple of years, so much so that blogs probably consist for 65-70% of my daily web surfing. So this past week was an exercise in discipline for me. I wanted to see if I could go one entire week without seeing a blog. I almost did it. Tuesday afternoon, I found myself reading someone’s xanga, and I didn’t even realize it was a blog until I had been on the page for a few minutes. I closed the window and that was the only time I read a blog last week. So I consider my fast to be a success.

Also, starting today, I’ve removed the comments option. Why for? Well, I think I’ve probably gotten maybe thirty comments or so over the past seventeen months. From 500+ posts. A lot of the stuff I write doesn’t even call for comments. I actually disabled the “email comments” option several months ago. So I figure that if you want to make a comment, you’ll drop me a line.

Today in church, Phil continued his series on the Ten Commandments. Today he tackled the third commandment:
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
It was quite interesting as he talked about how we take the Lord’s name in vain. Not just when we curse, but when we as Christians take his name in vain by our actions. Whether it’s a Christian getting drunk, or breaking civil laws, or abusing others, that Christian is taking the title “Christian,” meaning "Christ one," and turning it on it’s head. And God will not tolerate that. He also talked about how when we make a vow before God and break that vow, we are breaking the third commandment.

I also went to Sunday School today for the first time in years. I’m attending a class titled “Apologetics, Evangelism’s Lost Brother.” It’s gonna be a good one.

Look for posts in the next few days on Charlie Weiss, surrounding yourself with Godly things and more! Woo Hoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home