10.17.2005

Wallace and Gromit - The Review

This weekend I gathered some friends and went to go see Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I love these guys. If you are unfamiliar with Aardman Studios (who created WaG), they also put out Chicken Run. And if you're unfamiliar with that, well then it's claymation. Wallace is a cheese-loving British fellow and Gromit is his smart canine companion (who doesn't speak). In this movie, WaG run a pest control company named "Pest-O" which helps local residents protect their vegetable gardens. Until the Were-Rabbit shows up. Hilarity, madness, and British comedy ensue.

I really liked this movie. It was fun, relatively fast-paced and had lots of sly humor (including a joke about arson). I laughed out loud at several points. And any cartoon that features a vicar gets bonus points. I'm going to give this movie a "10." When it comes out on video, I think I may buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home