10.12.2005

Current Status: Disappointed

Something caught my eye in the vending machine this morning. Something I had once enjoyed as a young lad, but hadn't eaten in many years (at least five). It was a package of Twinkies. In Maryland, we lived near a Hostess Thrift Store where I was able to partake in all sorts of Hostess products including cupcakes, fruit pies, and twinkies. So I had all sorts of Hostess at my disposal. But Hostess products are made with bad stuff like sugar and animal fat. So these days, I don't eat much of the Hostess. However, I was looking for a junk food fix, and it fit the bill today.

And when my teeth sank in to the pillowy-like yellow cake, my face fell. It wasn't the same. It seemed to be just a shadow of it's former self. Sure it had the killer creme in the center. But it wasn't the same. And now I'm disappointed. I can't get that seventy-five cents back. But now I know that I have no further interest in eating twinkies. EVER.

I leave you with a quote to ponder by one Clive Staples Lewis (which has nothing to do with Twinkies):
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home