10.06.2005

The Coach

This is an entry about Charlie Weis. Charlie is the new football coach at Notre Dame. He replaced Ty Willingham, who was unceremoniously dumped last year. And he's the man.

He first caught my attention when I heard that he sat his team down and they all watched Rudy. And I thought "That's cool." Then something else happened. I won't go into the details here, but read the story for the full scoop. The fact that a Division I coach took time out of his week to come and visit with this kid is awesome. He could have sent a player, or an assistant. But he came himself. And he asked the kid if there was anything he could do for him. The kid says run this play. And the coach runs it. Under extraordinary circumstances. Nobody would have blamed him if he didn't run the play. Even the kid's mom said there was no way he would run the play (she had been watching the game). But he did.

And that's why Coach Weis is the man. Cause he showed some love.

Hey, one other thing. Do you ever pray for famous people? I found myself praying for David Beckham's son this morning. In case you didn't know, he's sick. Would you pray for him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home