10.05.2005

Surroundings

Before I start, I've been wanting to throw up this link for a while, but I've forgotten. It's for the ladies.

So I've been thinking about sin and the act of sinning and how it all goes down. And I've noticed something. Now I can't speak for anyone else, cause I only know what is going on in my life, but see if it strikes a chord with you.

It seems like it's easier for me to sin when I let my down defenses. When I haven't been reading the Bible, or praying or worshiping in some other matter. These are my defenses. And when I don't actively participate in these things, I feel I leave myself open to sin and temptation. I have found that it can very difficult to clothe yourself in righteousness and godliness on a consistent basis. It shouldn't be, but it is. I do pretty well (relatively speaking) for a few weeks at at time, but long stretches can be tough. I'm a weakling.

So I'm trying to train myself. Surrounding myself with things of Him. To be able to stand strong and keep my defenses up for longer periods of time. Guarding my heart and my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home