5.02.2006

Color Me Badd

Warning, the following post contains mature subject matter.

There are a handful of things in life that I consider to be of a private nature. And strangely enough, one of them just happens to be sex. I was at a local bookstore earlier this evening, and I took a gander specifically over the sections that contain the "mens" and "womens" magazines. Your FHM, Cosmo, Redbook and Men's Health. From the looks of the cover of Cosmo (graced by one Mandy Moore), that issue appears to be the summer sex guide.

All this has got me to thinking. And I apologize for being so late to the party here, but when did sex leave the bedroom and become a newsstand staple? And when did the human race start to have problems with sex that led to researchers having to come up with "10 Sure-fire Tips?"

Is anyone else concerned about our "oversexed" culture? Maybe I'm just too retro. How do you deal with all the sexual material that's out there? Do you avert your eyes? Not watch television? How does one cope? Am I naive enough to think that I can avoid it? Or should I just take it like a man?

I understand that humans, by default are sexual creatures. God made sex to be an integral part of marriage. But when we took sex and placed it outside of marriage, I think it opened up a world of hurt. And I think we are only starting to see a glimpse of the repercussions.

Thoughts?

2 Comments:

On 4.5.06, Blogger matt declared...

I don't think it is possible to avoid it, but I think we need to be very careful about our minds and keep away from things that cause lust. Certain magazines, books, tv stations, commercials, internet sites. It is hard, but necessary.

Yeah sex!!

 
On 7.5.06, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I agree with you about the world of hurt thing. I don't care what Madonna says about it, when people have sex they are literally giving each other their all. Statistically, the relationship will probably end with one of them using that "all" to crush the other emotionally. Fun times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home