4.24.2006

Forgiveness

Today I was talking to an employee on the phone. He was getting ready to retire and I mentioned that instead of the high cost of our insurance, he may want to look at someplace a little cheaper, like AARP. This man said "I will never forgive them for the way they treated my mother." Needless to say, I was more then slightly taken aback.

After I hung up the phone, I got to thinking. What did AARP do to this man's mother that made him refuse to forgive them? Then I thought "what does it matter to him?" As Christians, we are called to forgive others. Non-Christians are under no such command. At this point, I was going to mention how I had forgiven everybody that had ever wronged me. But then I realized that I couldn't say that. It wasn't true. And that's something that I need to correct.

Because I can't think of any good reason why I should be withholding forgiveness from someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home