9.12.2006

Today

Today is the five year anniversary of yesterday. Five days ago yesterday was a big deal for this country. Big deal. I was thinking about where I was on that day, and how I heard about it and what people were thinking that day.

And I've been thinking about how that day was so significant for many people. And how it doesn't feel significant for me. I won't deny that the people of our country were attacked. And I can't even begin to fathom what it would be like to have lost a loved one in those attacks.

But I've been trying to figure out how that day changed me. Personally, I can't think of any ways that I have been affected. Is that wrong? Should I be feeling something that I'm not?

Maybe there's something there that I just don't realize.

1 Comments:

On 13.9.06, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I know what you are saying. For me it was a significant day, but I can see how is wasn't for many. I think the whole "patriotic" response was really cheap, and felt Disney in many ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home