12.10.2006

Two weeks

Two weeks 'till Christmas.  Over the weekend I "officially" broke out the Christmas music. 
I moved some CD's into the car and burned several albums into iTunes.  Some Frank Sinatra, Amy
Grant, some Reba McEntire and a few of those "various artists" albums.

I think that "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant is my favorite modern Christmas song, with "Mary
Did you Know?" being a close second (and I definitely prefer the Michael English version to all 
others).  I think that my favorite non-modern song is "O Come Let Us Adore Him."

I purchased three Christmas gifts over the weekend.  That brings my total outstanding gifts to four.  So I think we're in pretty good shape.

This morning Pastor Phil's sermon title was "Don't Miss It."  "It" being the fact that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our Lord.  It was a good message.  However, I was slightly disturbed by the fact that they changed a word in my favorite non-modern Christmas song.   One of the verses should read "Yea Lord we greet thee, born this happy morning."  They replaced one word and marred it by saying "Yea Lord we gree thee, born this Christmas morning."  Ugghhhh!  He couldn't have been born Christmas morning because it wasn't Christmas until he was born!  And technically not until the early Church decided to celebrate it.  Oi!  Can't we just sing these songs the way they were written?  

I need to find a church for the Christmas season that sings their songs in traditional arrangements without lyrical re-writes.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home