9.21.2007

Soaking in Wisdom

Last night, I had the opportunity to have dinner with my only surviving grandparent.  As I have gotten older, I have found more and more value in the conversations we had.  My grandmother is 80 years young and she has seen a lot in those 80 years.  She will often share stories of her and my grandfather or of her and her mother.  We talked a little cooking last night as I relayed my adventure with crepes from the previous evening.  I've enjoyed hearing her thoughts on life and love.  And I've have come to appreciate her reassuring words.
 
But even more importantly, she is part of my prayer support.  She prays for me daily.  I am blessed to have many people praying for me.  But I believe that her and my grandfather laid the foundation for the prayer life that my family has today.  I have seen that in the prayer life of my parents, as well as my sister and I.  And I am so thankful for that.  I have a Godly heritage that I am proud of and which means a great deal to me.  I know that I am blessed beyond measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home