10.22.2007

When God Writes Your Love Story

That (if you pay attention to the link on the lower left) is the title of the book that I just finished reading. I have to admit that I haven't read many books on Christian dating, mostly because I don't feel like they have anything new to tell me. Not that I'm a know-it-all when it comes to dating (I am still single after all), but I just don't know what they can tell me that I can't already find in a regulary old match.com sponsored book on dating.

But this book by Eric and Leslie Ludy caught my eye. As Christians, we should realize that God wants to be a key part of our entire lives. Not just a few key areas, but ALL areas. And the approach this book takes really shows you the importance of leaning on God in an area as important as this. It seems kinda obvious, but I was interested in hearing (or reading as the case may be) what thoughts they had to say about it.

I wanted to share a couple of quotes from the book that really resonated with me.
"Immature love always compares and snivels and struggles." -Eric Ludy
How true is that? I don't know how to explain that, but I know it's true.
"He has given me a wonderful hope. A hope that He is preparing a special someone to perfectly match my life." -Eric Ludy
This has got to be reassuring for all of us single folks. This is something that I have always believed, but I'm glad somebody decided to put it down in writing.
Women are designed to give ourselves - spiritually, emotionally and physically to one man." -Leslie Ludy
I'm no woman, but I find this thought to be an interesting one. And I would especially be interested in the comments of my female readers. I was thinking about this quote and an interesting thought came to my mind. When God decided to create Eve, there was only one man in existence. God didn't make another man and then create Eve and let her decide between the two. Ever stop to think about that?

So if you're single and interested in this topic, I'd recommend this book. I'm not saying that I agree with all the contents of the book, but I agree with most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home