10.16.2007

Favorites: Places to Hang Out

*This is the second in an occasional series about my favorites.
 
These are my favorite places to hang out (outside my home):
 
1.  Church.  I like being at church.  I find it an incredibly comforting and encouraging place to be.  If our church ever opened a coffee shop or restaurant on-campus, I'd probably spend a lot of time there.  If the library carried periodicals and was open in the evenings, I'd be there.
 
2.  Bookstores.  I am thrilled to report that I read much more now then I did five years ago.  The bookstore plays a key role in my travel planning.  I like to scour guide books for destination information.  Besides travel, I enjoy browsing the periodicals as well as the "religious" section of the store.  And we can't forget the people-watching. 
 
3.  On the Water.  I love being on the water.  When I visit a city, one of the things I always try to do is take a boat ride, whether it's Milwaukee, NYC or London.  Unless there is no river to boat on.  If I had a canoe, I'd be a canoing fool.  Sometimes I'll just go down and watch the Yellow Breeches go by.  I find water peaceful.  I think that is one of the reasons why I love swimming.
 
4.  In the Air.  I love flying.  Watching the topography of the land change is something I enjoy doing.  And I've talked about clouds in the past.  Just being able to leave the ground in a big metal cylinder with wings amazes me everytime I take off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home