11.17.2007

Movie Review - August Rush

Every once in a while, a real good movie comes along. Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a sneak preview of August Rush. In a word, it was awesome. The story revolves around an orphaned boy who also happens to be a musical prodigy. In an effort to find his parents, he embarks on what becomes a musical awakening. Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Myers play the parents of the title character, who is played by young Freddie Highmore (he of Willy Wonka fame). I am certain that he will be recognized for his work come awards season.

If you are a musician, I'm fairly certain you will love this movie. August's mom is a cellist and his dad is a guitar player. You can't go wrong with strings (or percussion for that matter)!! Music abounds throughout the film and I found myself tapping my foot for virtually the entire movie. And this music is really what makes the film so great. This movie had a handful of interesting twists that kept things exciting. I'm giving this movie a "10" and to that effect, I'm including a trailer below. That's how much I liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home