2.25.2008

I went bowling last week

The purpose of this post is not necessarily to tell you that I went bowling, but rather to tell you where I went bowling and my experience there.
 
Some friends and I went to the Coliseum to do some bowling.  I wouldn't get close to this place on the weekends because it's something like $4.00 per game.  However, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, games are only $2.00 each.  Figure in an extra $2.50 for shoe rental.  We found the bowling area to be pretty clean and not nearly as noisy as I expected it to be.  But the real kicker is the fact that there was no smoking allowed on the premises.  Having come home from the bowling alley on many occasions smelling like the smoker I wasn't, I can't emphasize how important this is to me.
 
From a pure bowling perspective, there was a little bit to be desired because while the lanes were oiled, the approach was not.  So if you're used to sliding on your approach (which many bowlers do), you'll be in for a rude awakening.  That was a disappointment for me (I use a five-step approach) and meant that I pretty much just stepped up to the line and released the ball in one slightly-less-than-fluid release.
 
But, it was the first time that I had been bowling in at least a year.  And I enjoyed myself.  And I hope to go back soon.  So if you're looking for a cheap mid-week activity, consider bowling at the Coliseum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home