8.25.2008

My So-Called Weekend (in short story form)

Friday was a very welcome day for me. The end of another week. As I
had traveled on Thursday and returned home at around 0030 Friday
morning, I was looking forward to a little rest. I worked a half day
on Friday and headed home. On the way home, I stopped by the farmer's
market for a sugary lunch and then headed home. After resting for a
few hours by watching "Monk," I headed out to the gym for a bit.
After the gym, I ate some dinner somewhere and came home and watched
TV and the internet for the rest of the night.

Saturday I woke up early (BOO!) and headed out to church where I was
running in a 5k race. I ran the race slower than I would have liked,
but I still got the t-shirt. After the race, I headed out to snag
some breakfast at another farmer's market, and then went home. I had
steak for lunch and took a shower. Then I went back to church to
volunteer with the refilling of the water coolers (there was a big
festival going on). After my volunteering, I wandered around, placed
a bid on an iTunes gift card at the silent auction and did some
reading. I didn't leave the property because my band was playing at
1715. The band played and it went mostly well. Sound issues made
things a little tough as did the fan not working in my enclosed box.
Nothing like a good sweat while playing! After the gig, I went to
meet my friend. During the lull, he had called and was interested in
seeing the movie "Hancock." The movie was not what I expected (6/10),
but it did have Charlize Theron in it. Then I went home and went to
bed.

Sunday, my alarm went off at 830, but I didin't get up until 1000. I
did not go to church. I did however, after eating breakfast, put in
the One Day Passion dvd and watched a bit of that. It was really neat
to hear Louie and Shelley talk about their dreams and to see how far
they've come since that day. Then I headed out to Wegmans for some
lunch and some free wi-fi. I'm trying to plan a trip somewhere this
weekend, but I haven't had any luck so far. Not much space available.
I'm not sure why people are still traveling. So after a few hours
eating and surfing, I decided to head out to Leo's ice cream in
Carlisle for some of their Corn Bread ice cream. It may sound
disgusting, but if you like corn bread, you'd love it. Then I went
home for a little bit. Then I went to my folks house for dinner and
to another friend's for a church history study which ended up being a
study on Herbert Hoover (he worked in China and Austrailia for a
mining company, he proposed to his wife by telegram, and his wife's
name was Lou Henry). Sometimes, that's how our studies go. Then I
came home, made my lunch for work today and went to bed.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home