4.09.2009

Reading between the events

I have to admit that I've never paid much attention to The Last Supper. I am aware of it's significance and what took place there, but I'm more aware of the events that took place as opposed to the words that were said.

I've been learning over the past couple of days that Jesus said a lot. A Lot. If you have some time, start at John 13, which opens with the meal and foot-washing (which most folks are familiar with) and read through chapter 17. Chapter 18 starts with the scene in the Garden of Gethsemane. But really look at the words that Jesus gave to his disciples in those five chapters. I'm discovering that some of the most well-known statements made from Jesus occurred on this very night.

Here'a s link if you want to read these chapters online.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home