3.18.2009

Snakes on a plane

I was on a plane today for seven hours. I know you're asking yourself, "to what sort of exotic destination were you headed?"

Charlotte, North Carolina

It took seven hours and change to fly from Harrisburg, PA to Charlotte, NC. This included a roughly four-hour diversion to Greenville, SC. This flight is normally only a 90 minute flight. The passengers were not happy. As you can guess, most folks were feeling pretty hostile. I pretty much kept my mouth shut to keep myself out of trouble. But I was still thinking things. Thinking about the people who were voicing their opinions and thinking about how rude they were. And why they couldn't be like me and just suck it up.

I'm a sinner, with a long way to go. While I didn't voice any opinions, I was still thinking bad things about my fellow passengers. I need to work on that.

It's kind of hard to not have negative thoughts sometimes. Dontcha' think?

Labels:

1 Comments:

On 18.3.09, Blogger Pohono declared...

I flew Baltimore to Atlanta today, and i had many of those less than pleasant thoughts too! mostly geared towards airport crews who made us wait 20 minutes on the runway before we could get to our gates. and i had to pee. really badly. this, my friend, does not help ones disposition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home